Vantage is a cloud cost transparency platform. We are a New York City based (but remote-friendly) seed stage startup of ~10 employees focused on providing insights to and facilitating collaboration between engineering and finance with the goal of enabling businesses to make better financial decisions. We are backed by top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Calvin French Owen (Co-Founder, Segment), Ben and Moisey Uretsky (Co-Founders, DigitalOcean), Stephanie and Nat Friedman (CEO, Github), Julia Lipton, Brianne Kimmel and others. Our current team has experience from companies including AWS, DigitalOcean, Cloudflare, Akamai, Github, MongoDB, Auth0 and Shopify.
About The Role
We are growing our newly formed sales team, and we are looking for sales people that have a passion for early stage startups that want to help the founding sales team accelerate adoption and experiment with new routes to market.
The primary goals for Vantage’s Account Executives are to identify, educate, and close Vantage’s growing list of early marquee enterprise accounts. These AEs are full-cycle sellers that will be responsible for inbound and outbound prospecting, managing customer evaluations, and closing new business.
As a high-growth startup, early employees will have opportunity for career advancement as additional GTM teams, functions, and specialties are formed over the next 12-24 months. AEs will operate in a target-rich environment with large territories and autonomy to close new business and reap the financial rewards uniquely available at this early stage.
What You Will Do
- A blended sales role consisting of prospecting, sales assist, and closing.
- Enterprise outbound: conduct research to target new prospects, engage via multiple channels (phone, email, chat, etc), and qualify leads for handoff
- Manage inbound: make initial contact, engage via multiple channels (phone, email, chat, etc), educate, and qualify leads
- Sales Assist/Closing: For qualified leads, manage full sales cycle: conduct customer communication, coordinate resources, manage customer evaluation, and drive sales cycle to close.
What We're Looking For
- A successful professional with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets with a minimum of 3 years experience in technical sales
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with a passion for early stage, product-led sales.
- Experience with modern prospecting research methods, discovery tools, and sales tools.
- Comfort with outbound communication across multiple channels such as email, phone, and chat.
- Someone who represents the Vantage brand of putting the customer first
- An independent, life-long learner that can learn Vantage’s product and the customer’s pain points and needs.
- A willingness to experiment and adapt to the changing needs of the business
- A kind person
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) and their associated buyer personas within mid-market and large enterprise customers (engineers, architects, and engineering leadership)
- Experience with a product-led sales motion
- Experience selling developer tools
If you are interested in the role please send your resume along with a few sentences on what excited you about this position to email@example.com. This email will be read by our Co-Founder and CEO who will ultimately follow up with an initial Zoom conversation if we think it is a good fit.