Vantage is a cloud cost transparency platform. We are a New York City based (but remote-friendly) seed stage startup of ~10 employees focused on providing insights to and facilitating collaboration between engineering and finance with the goal of enabling businesses to make better financial decisions. We are backed by top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Calvin French Owen (Co-Founder, Segment), Ben and Moisey Uretsky (Co-Founders, DigitalOcean), Stephanie and Nat Friedman (CEO, Github), Julia Lipton, Brianne Kimmel and others. Our current team has experience from companies including AWS, DigitalOcean, Cloudflare, Akamai, Github, MongoDB, Auth0 and Shopify.
About The Role
At Vantage we are looking to make our first devoted hire to run marketing. To-date, all customer acquisition has come in-bound, organically or the result of our leadership lightly reaching out to potentially interested companies. We've done little to no optimization for existing written content, have run no advertising campaigns beyond small tests and have little in the way of DRIP campaigns. Our SEO is incredibly strong as the result of acquiring and redirecting some relevant micro-sites. We've taken an active stance to build up and invest in the Vantage brand which is increasingly capturing mindshare of customers who are looking to find solutions in this space. We believe we have a great foundation set for someone to come in and hit the ground running for making a big impact.
As Head of Marketing, you will own and help shape the marketing functions at Vantage. This means being comfortable with juggling a number of tasks initially that will scale into additional peoples' devoted jobs over time. You will report directly to our CEO and be given autonomy to make decisions you deem appropriate. You'll be responsible for reporting on marketing metric progress in weekly meetings with our leadership team. A person successful in this role will have the opportunity to build out the marketing team moving forward for the company after showing results.
What You Will Do
- Help shape the marketing roadmap and function at a seed stage as the company grows.
- Allocate a marketing budget in a way that provides clear return-on-investment.
- Own all product marketing related emails and campaigns to our thousands of users.
- Participate in weekly metric reporting meetings with a broader team to share progress on marketing efforts.
- Help shape the content strategy and vision in conjunction with our nascent editorial team.
What We're Looking For
- A capable, confident marketing leader who has seen what success looks like at other organizations to replicate at Vantage.
- An owner. Someone who is ready to dig in and be responsible for all marketing efforts.
- Someone with a strong command of the English language.
- A clear and concise communicator.
- Someone comfortable with working at an early stage startup.
- Previous B2B SaaS experience you can point to in some form.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure or other related cloud services
- Familiarity with general financial topics
If you are interested in the role please send your resume along with a few sentences on what excited you about this position to email@example.com. This email will be read by our Co-Founder and CEO who will ultimately follow up with an initial Zoom conversation if we think it is a good fit.