Vantage is a cloud cost transparency platform. We are a New York City based (but remote-friendly) seed stage startup of ~10 employees focused on providing insights to and facilitating collaboration between engineering and finance with the goal of enabling businesses to make better financial decisions. We are backed by top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Calvin French Owen (Co-Founder, Segment), Ben and Moisey Uretsky (Co-Founders, DigitalOcean), Stephanie and Nat Friedman (CEO, Github), Julia Lipton, Brianne Kimmel and others. Our current team has experience from companies including AWS, DigitalOcean, Cloudflare, Akamai, Github, MongoDB, Auth0 and Shopify.
About The Role
At Vantage we are looking to hire our first sales employee. To-date, all customer acquisition has come in-bound, organically or the result of our leadership lightly reaching out to potentially interested companies. Our engineering team has made significant progress (and continues to do so) on closing the feature gap necessary for closing larger deals. As a result, we believe now is the right time to invest in a devoted sales function to expedite revenue growth in 2022 and beyond.
As Head of Sales, you'll be responsible for building out the initial sales function at Vantage. This means being comfortable with juggling a number of tasks initially that will scale into additional peoples' devoted jobs over time. You'll manage the in-bound flow of enterprise customers, prospect in an out-bound fashion for target customers, run sales calls and demos and negotitate contracts. You'll be responsible for regularly reporting on sales metric progress in weekly meetings with our leadership team. A person successful in this role will have the opportunity to build out the sales team moving forward.
What You Will Do
- Manage and regularly report on the sales pipeline.
- Assist our CEO and GTM team on running and pariticipating in sales calls and demos.
- Participate in weekly metric reporting meetings with a broader team to share progress on revenue development.
- Negotitate contracts with enterprise customers.
What We're Looking For
- A capable, confident sales leader with strong command of the product and problems of our customers.
- Someone with a strong command of the English language.
- A clear and concise communicator.
- Someone comfortable with working at an early stage startup.
- Previous B2B SaaS experience you can point to in some form.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure or other related cloud services
- Familiarity with general financial topics
If you are interested in the role please send your resume along with a few sentences on what excited you about this position to email@example.com. This email will be read by our Co-Founder and CEO who will ultimately follow up with an initial Zoom conversation if we think it is a good fit.