Vantage is a cloud cost transparency platform. We are a New York City based (but remote-friendly) seed stage startup of ~10 employees focused on providing insights to and facilitating collaboration between engineering and finance with the goal of enabling businesses to make better financial decisions. We are backed by top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Calvin French Owen (Co-Founder, Segment), Ben and Moisey Uretsky (Co-Founders, DigitalOcean), Stephanie and Nat Friedman (CEO, Github), Julia Lipton, Brianne Kimmel and others. Our current team has experience from companies including AWS, DigitalOcean, Cloudflare, Akamai, Github, MongoDB, Auth0 and Shopify.
About The Role
This role will be joining our small but mighty initial set of engineers that are among the first 10 technical hires at the company. We have a significant number of paying customers (ranging from startups to publicly traded companies) who have given us a mountain of feedback and we are eager to deliver the features they are asking for. We are building a small team of experienced engineers to work directly with our founding team to expedite delivery of this roadmap.
Data Engineering is foundational to our product. Vantage's scale of data is increasingly significantly each month. We have line-item data for hundreds of millions of dollarized of annualized cloud costs which runs in the terabytes of data. Our customers look to us to efficiently process this data and store it in a manner than they can quickly and efficiently query on for doing their own analysis. The rate at which this data is growing is accelerating as we onboard larger organizations and provide support for additional cloud infrastrucutre providers. This role will be involved in this entire pipeline of data processing.
- Ruby on Rails (6.x)
What You Will Do
- Work directly with our founding team and collaborate on feature discovery, ideation and delivery
- Write clean, testable, peer-reviewed code
- Drive technical architecture decisions to set the groundwork as Vantage scales into the future
- Own end-to-end feature development - including measuring and reporting on customer impact
- Join design and product on customer calls to understand user needs
- Establish and help us meet backend system service level agreements to protect us through future growth
What We're Looking For
- A data-obsessed engineer with a passion for listening to and delighting both internal and external customers.
- Someone who has led impactful engineering projects at non-trivial scale
- Software design experience with architectures that have scaled from the simple to the complex
- 4+ years of equivalent working experience
- Someone excited to make progress and hold a high degree of responsibility
- A kind person
- Monitoring and observability expertise
- Experience building and deploying to cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Relevant data processing experience
If you are interested in the role please send your resume along with a few sentences on what excited you about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email will be read by our Co-Founder and CTO who will ultimately follow up with an initial Zoom conversation if we think it is a good fit.