Vantage is a cloud cost transparency platform. We are a New York City based (but remote-friendly) seed stage startup of ~10 employees focused on providing insights to and facilitating collaboration between engineering and finance with the goal of enabling businesses to make better financial decisions. We are backed by top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Calvin French Owen (Co-Founder, Segment), Ben and Moisey Uretsky (Co-Founders, DigitalOcean), Stephanie and Nat Friedman (CEO, Github), Julia Lipton, Brianne Kimmel and others. Our current team has experience from companies including AWS, DigitalOcean, Cloudflare, Akamai, Github, MongoDB, Auth0 and Shopify.
About The Role
At the moment Vantage is just the founding team and we are looking to hire the first few software engineers. We have paying customers who have given us a mountain of feedback and we are eager to deliver the features they are asking for. We are building a small team of full stack engineers to work directly with our founding team to expedite delivery of this roadmap.
- Ruby on Rails (6.x)
What You Will Do
- Work directly with our founders and collaborate on feature discovery, ideation and delivery.
- Write clean, testable, peer-reviewed code
- Drive technical architecture decisions to set the groundwork as Vantage scales into the future
- Own end-to-end feature development - including measuring and reporting on customer impact
- Join design and product on customer calls to understand user needs
- Experiment with machine learning models & APIs as we begin to deliver data products to our customers
What We're Looking For
- A product-oriented engineer with a passion for listening to and delighting customers
- Expertise in Ruby and Rails
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience
- Someone excited to make progress and hold a high degree of responsibility.
- Monitoring and observability experience
- Experience building and deploying to cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Relevant data visualization / financial product experience
If you are interested in the role please send your resume along with a few sentences on what excited you about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email will be read by our Co-Founder and CTO who will ultimately follow up with an initial Zoom conversation if we think it is a good fit.