Vantage is a cloud cost transparency platform. We are a New York City based (but remote-friendly) seed stage startup of ~10 employees focused on providing insights to and facilitating collaboration between engineering and finance with the goal of enabling businesses to make better financial decisions. We are backed by top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Calvin French Owen (Co-Founder, Segment), Ben and Moisey Uretsky (Co-Founders, DigitalOcean), Stephanie and Nat Friedman (CEO, Github), Julia Lipton, Brianne Kimmel and others. Our current team has experience from companies including AWS, DigitalOcean, Cloudflare, Akamai, Github, MongoDB, Auth0 and Shopify.
About The Role
At Vantage we are looking to simplify the oftentimes complex world of usage-based cloud pricing. Despite being a fast-growing industry with hundreds of billions of dollars being spent, there is a gap in terms of educational, easy-to-understand content for understanding and optimizing cloud infrastructure costs.
As a technical writer at Vantage, you'll join a content team which is given significant autonomy to research, write and optimize content that helps educate people on the topic of cloud infrastructure pricing. This role sits at the intersection of technology and finance and the audience is typically developers who are tasked with learning and managing their organization's infrastructure budget. Through our content we want to represent our brand as a friendly, educational and casual entity that simplifies complex topics. Articles you write will oftentimes be the first interaction that end-users have with Vantage and will build up as an organic top-of-funnel acquisition channel for new customers over time.
What You Will Do
- Create and maintain your own content roadmap to be reviewed with the management team.
- Research topics that are interesting to you as they relate to cloud infrastructure topics.
- Participate in weekly metric reporting meetings with a broader team to share progress on audience development.
- Help shape the content strategy and vision.
What We're Looking For
- Strong command of the English language
- Clear and concise writer
- Creative, self-starter, eager to take initiative and learn new things - experience isn't mandatory but an willingness to learn is.
- Comfort with working at an early stage startup
- Previous writing experience you can point to in some form.
- Previous developer advocacy, community management experience at a developer tools or cloud-related company.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure or other related cloud services
- Familiarity with general financial topics
If you are interested in the role please send your resume along with a few sentences on what excited you about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email will be read by our Co-Founder and CEO who will ultimately follow up with an initial Zoom conversation if we think it is a good fit.