Effective Date: September 21, 2020
Personal data we collect
The personal data we collect in order to offer our services includes your:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Account details, including password;
- Infrastructure provider access credentials;
- Financial details, including billing information;
If you do not provide the required information you may not be able to subscribe to this product.
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins and add-ons;
- Usage data, such as time spent on our website, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our website.
We also may collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We use Google Analytics to help us analyze your use of our website, diagnose technical issues and improve our website.If you do not provide the required information you may not be able to subscribe to this product.
How we use the data we collect
We use the personal data that we collect in order to set up and maintain customer accounts, for accounting and invoicing purposes, to manage contracts, orders, and subscriptions, to provide troubleshooting and customer support services, for user authentication and security purposes, and to create a usage report and log for each user. We process personal data for these purposes because we are required to do so in order to perform our contracts with customers. We also process personal data for the following business purposes because we have a legitimate interest in doing so:
- Maintaining customer account records, in order to administer our business;
- Importing and displaying infrastructure information using infrastructure provider access credentials;
- Maintaining records relating to our customers, in order to administer our business;
- Managing our customer relationships and communicating with our customers, in order to administer our business and to update our customers about new features and services that we may offer;
- Complaint handling and dispute resolution, in order to resolve any complaints raised by our customers;
- Fraud detection and prevention, in order to ensure the security of our services and protect Vantage and its users against fraud;
- Carrying out analytics, in order to identify potential improvements to our services and to measure engagement with our advertising campaigns.
In addition to the purposes above, we also process personal data when we are required to do so by law, for example in order to maintain accounting records.
How we share personal data
We may share personal data with service providers that support the delivery of Vantage, including payment processors like Stripe, customer support service providers, and other service providers that process personal data on our behalf. Your infrastructure access credentials are never shared outside of Vantage and are handled with extreme care.
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (i) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity, and (iv) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
We may transfer the personal data that we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the personal data originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the personal data. When we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, we will comply with applicable legal requirements regarding providing safeguards for the transfer of personal information.
How we protect personal data
Vantage maintains technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security and confidentiality for your personal data, in accordance with our policies and applicable legislation. To read more about security at Vantage, please see our security page.
Retention of personal data
The time period for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it or if we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and rectification of the personal data we maintain about you, or to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data or to object to that processing on grounds relating to your situation.In addition, you may have the right to request erasure of your personal data from Vantage's systems in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. Where technically feasible, upon written request and verifiable identification, we will provide you with a copy of the personal data provided to us by you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format. To exercise these rights, please contact Vantage as indicated below. You may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if you are not satisfied with our response.
How to contact us If you have questions about how Vantage handles your personal data or would like to exercise your rights, please reach out by emailing or writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.